- The Purchasing Department is responsible for the procurement of all supplies, services, and equipment for Washington County.
- It is the department's duty to obtain the best possible pricing from qualified vendors. For a county with a population of more than 120,000, this is a heavy responsibility that Willie Shrewsbury, purchasing manager since 2001, and his staff take seriously.
- The Purchasing Staff attempts to obtain at least three quotations for all purchases under $10,000 and performs a formal sealed bid procedure for most purchases over $10,000.
- The competitive bid process ensures that the taxpayer and the requesting department receive the best value for their money.
- The Purchasing Department also contracts for the lease or rental of equipment, and conducts all sales of county-owned property which has become surplus, obsolete or unusable.
To be placed on the bidders list for Washington County, please contact our office at 423-753-1642 or email Willie Shrewsbury.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
LEASE OF COUNTY FARM
Washington County, TN is soliciting proposals for the potential lease of the County Farm. The county is seeking to obtain a wide range of realistic and obtainable proposals in an effort to find the highest and best use for this county asset.
Anyone interested in submitting a proposal shall contact the Washington County Purchasing Dept. at 423-753-1642 for any questions and to request a proposal packet. Sealed proposals will be received until 2:00 P.M., Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at the office of the Purchasing Director, Washington County Courthouse, 2nd Floor, 100 East Main Street, Jonesborough, Tennessee. The proposals will be evaluated by the County-Owned Property Committee at a later date.
The County reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals and to waive informalities. This the 28th day of September, 2023.
William J. Shrewsbury
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Washington County, TN is soliciting Request for Qualification statements from interested firms to assist the County with engineering and project implementation services for project(s) at the Washington County Health Department, 219 Princeton Road, Johnson City, TN. The projects are funded in part by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
Anyone interested in submitting a qualification statement shall contact the Washington County Purchasing Dept. at 423-753-1642 for any questions and to request an RFQ packet. Sealed qualification statements will be received until 12:00 P.M., Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at the office of the Purchasing Director, Washington County Courthouse, 2nd Floor, 100 East Main Street, Jonesborough, Tennessee. The proposals will be evaluated by Committee at a later date.
The County reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals and to waive informalities. This the 16th day of October, 2023.
William J. Shrewsbury