To calculate your Washington County property tax, you must know the appraised value of your property. Once you know that, you can complete three multiplications to determine your tax.
Steps to Calculate
- First, multiply the amount by either 0.25 (for residential property) or 0.4 (for commercial).
- Second, take that result and multiply by 0.01 (or divide by 100).
- Finally, take that result and multiply by 2.3798 (the county tax rate). The result should be the amount of your annual property tax.
Residential property assessed at $150,000
- Multiply by 0.25 - result equals $37,500
- Multiply by .01 - result equals $375
- Multiply by 2.15 - tax equals $806.25
Note: This is only for county taxes. If you live in the City of Johnson City or Town of Jonesborough, you will have additional property tax.
To view your appraisal data, or that of any other property in Washington County, visit the State of Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury website.